Thursday, November 16, 2006

Continued ...

In semi-local news here in N.C., the good ol' church folks at the Baptist State Convention of NC voted to cut ties with any church that opens its doors to openly gay parishioners. Now there's a church group who's doing the Lord's work. That'll really bring in the sinners. (I hope you got my sarcasm.) I thought the idea behind church is to bring in those folks who are not in right relationship with Christ. This whole policy and everyone who voted for it has excluded people from the Lord's house. The problem behind that is the people at that conference are not in a position to exclude anyone or to leave them out. Church folk are so busy getting caught up in the politics of religion that they have eliminated the message of Christianity. As far as I am concerned, I believe that Christ himself would not be eliminating anyone from His home or His kingdom. All of these people have taken the Bible and twisted and taken parts that fit their own personal agendas. If they would stop and realize what they are doing and read ALL of the word. None of us are supposed to sit in judgement of each other because that is not our place. You know, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw things. Each and everyone of those people who voted for this anti-gay policy in the church did so to turn attention away from themselves. Like one sin somehow outweighs another. A word to the wise, a person who lies and a person who kills will burn in the same Hell if they don't confess and give their life to Christ. OK, I'll get down off my soap box now.
Oh, before I forget, Bill Gates says that the U.S. education system needs work. Really? I hadn't noticed. I want to know how well folks expected the education system to be if the legislators keep taking money from it to put into the defense fund for a war that we shouldn't be fighting anyway. Dang, I'm up here again.

No comments: