Monday, October 23, 2006

I can't be the ONLY sane person left.

I had a long, fun-filled weekend but of course, that does not mean that yours truly was out of the loop. It seems that the more I try to stay away from news, the more it tries to find me.
Now, nothing of newsworthiness happened to or around me while I was on the wonderful campus of North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. But, as I have stated to so many others, people are just crazy.
A report surfaced today about an armed mad dad in Philly who pulled a gun on his child's football coach because he was not getting enough playing time. This man has to be nuts. This was a game for 6- and 7-year-olds, it was not the freakin' Super Bowl.
From what I understand in Pee Wee or Pop Warner football, the coaches play everybody on the team. Practices such as these build character and self-esteem. But this fool had to go 'gangsta' and pull a gun on the coach.
I thought Philly was supposed to be the city of brotherly love and sisterly affection. I AM NOT seeing the love there folks. I don't know why I'm telling you guys this, but the first thing that came to my mind is, "Lord, please don't let this be a negro."
I'm not saying that it was right, but the sniper thing threw everybody off.
And speaking of crazy negroes Wesley Snipes is not rushing to get back to America just because there's a warrant for his arrest.
News flash people!!!! Black men don't go TO warrants, they go AWAY from them. DUH!!!
According to reports, he's planning to stay until he finishes the horror movie he's working on. Yea right, there is no extradition agreement between Namibia and the U.S., so he can stay as long as he likes and nobody is going to touch him to take him back to America.
And to me, that sucks. He committed a crime and he should pay for it, in a regular prison. They should send his butt to Riker's Island and we'll all find out if he's Undisputed.
Former Enron CEO Skilling got 24 years in prison for the 2001 scandal. And guess what Tarheels, he's coming to N.C. Yep, he'll be at Butner. I think they should send him to Central Prison and throw him in lock up with the other criminals because he is a thief just like some of them are thieves. The difference is they may have stolen items, Enron execs stole people's lives and hope.
It has been reported that Skilling and his counterparts helped to dissolve more than $60 billion in Enron stock, $2 billion in pension plans and thousands of jobs. His real punishment ought to be getting locked in a room with about four big ole' burly men who spent the majority of lives working for Enron or one of their subsidiaries who were about a year or two away from retirement.
That would be all the punishment he needed. I tell you what would be janky - if he just up and died like Ken Lay did. I'm not wishing that on anyone, I'm just saying that it would be convenient, that's all.
And last and certainly not least, Madonna is heading to Oprah to tell her side of the adoption 'scandal.' What scandal? The Malawian kid's father is thinking of reversing the adoption and now people in Malawi feel like special privileges were given to Madonna to get this kid more quickly.
Well duh. That's what money does for you, it makes things move a lot faster. Now, she's going on Oprah, to discuss what I don't know, but I hope my girl asks her flat out why she didn't adopt an American black kid and see what she says.
But then again, she probably already has an answer for that too.

No comments: