Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It appears I've been tagged ....

... again. OK, the first time, my girl Eb the Celeb tagged me and I didn't know how to follow up because I wasn't all that well-versed in this blogging thing. Now I've been tagged by one Mr. James Tubman.
I don't really know him, then again who do I know in this alternate universe except Eb. Anyway, we engaged in an exchange of ideas that resulted in neither of us backing down from what we both thought were very valid points.
At any rate, here are the rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you…

2. Mention the rules in your blog…

3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of you

4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them

5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

My Six Quirks


1. I love a good argument.
I'm not sure why, but since I was little there's something about the rush of being able to prove that I'm almost always right. What can I say? I mean, I'm not the most intelligent person in the world, but I'm kinda smart.


2. I am obsessed with Julius Peppers.
I have been eyeing that guy since he played football and basketball for Carolina. He looks like my first husband and I've never been married.
I don't know what it is, I think it is because he's got one of the nicest set of soup coolers I've seen on a dude in a long time. The only one in competition with him right now is Raheem DeVaughn.


3. I have sabotaged every single romantic relationship I've ever had.
This is sort of complicated but I'll try to explain. I don't trust men any further than I can throw them. Having brothers, a father who is single and a bunch of male friends, I have been privy to a lot of information that the average chick hasn't. When I start getting too close, I pull away or make him pull away because I don't want to lose myself and become one of those chicks who has to pick up the pieces when a relation-shit ends badly.


4. I can watch up to three TV shows at once and tell you what's happening in all of them.
I think this speaks volumes for my ability to multi-task. I am addicted to every installment of Law & Order and now that they are in syndication, I try to watch as many of them as possible. This sometimes interferes with me watching "The First 48" on A&E and the two interfere with my ability to stay abreast of shows like "Grey's Anatomy" and my guilty pleasures of "Miss Rap Supreme" and "The Salt N Pepa Show" when it's on. So instead of watching one, I flip between them during commercials.


5. I hate being the center of attention.
This is kind of uncharacteristic of the baby of the family, but I really don't need to be the center of attention. I am actually quite comfortable with being camouflage. I'm clumsy and with all eyes on me, it is inevitable that I will trip, fall or drop something.


6. I've had issues with stress and anxiety in the past.
Well, saying the past will depend on how you look at the situation. I think I'm handling it well. In 2005, I was put on medication for a series of panic attacks when I was living in Tennessee. That was a really rough time in my life. I nearly developed a drinking problem trying to deal with the stress. Thankfully I got some help and then they medicated me.
I'm cool now, I stopped drinking in March 2006 and actually took myself off the medication in September of 2006 and haven't needed it since. I will certainly not recommend that to anyone else because it is highly dangerous. One of the side effects for a sudden discontinuation of the medication is suicidal thoughts and attempts. I actually had those thoughts for a little while after I stopped the meds but thank God I never tried it.


Anyway, I'm going to tag Chicas in the City, Sheletha's Spot, 25, Single & Broke, Quarter-life Crisis, Sportz-n-Album Cutz and my damn self at Poli-ticked.

Holla at me!

2 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Who doesnt love a good argument... only the weak... and us Jones' arent weak...lol

I think everyone has a crush on Peppers... he is a nice hunky sexy something...

I am mad that you tagged Sportz... like it aint owned by the same person as RBW, why not Jonesin? LOL

and yeah... you crazy for tagging ya damn self... i think that may be the first time that has been done in the blogosphere

Tiffany S. Jones said...

Well you know, my mom told me that it's two kinds of people in the world - Joneses and those standing in line to be Joneses. ;-)
LoL as for taggin Sportz, I go there more than I do Jonesin'. Sorry, I'll rectify that right away when I do my update.
And as for taggin myself, you know I do try to set trends when I can. LoL.