Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Super Fat Tuesday !!!

There's so much going on today that I expect you to see either several posts or several updates throughout the day.
First of all, today is Fat Tuesday and I want all of my folks down in the Big Easy to have a good time and be safe. I trust that all of the visitors have either already voted or they sent in absentee ballots for their respective state's primary elections.
Today is the day that will potentially decide who the presidential candidates will be. That's right people, it is "Super Tuesday," the biggest primary in U.S. History. Exactly 23 states and American Samoa will be going to the polls to cast their vote for their favorite presidential candidate.
The Democrats are down to two candidates, Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama while the GOP is down to three, former Sen. John McCain and former Govs. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts and Mike Huckabee from Arkansas.
It seems that all of the big name endorsements came in last week or the week before. Obama and Clinton have split the Kennedys, McCain has picked up the endorsements of former candidates. In the spirit of endorsements, I did something I swore I wasn't going to do until later, I officially endorsed a candidate and I did it on someone else's blog and I apologize for that.
I announced it while responding to a post at my classmate Eb the Celeb's Renaissance Black Woman.
Since some of you may not go to her spot, I officially endorsed Sen. Barack Obama. Between you, me and everyone else in Cyber Space, I was leaning toward him all along but I didn't want to say that. I was trying my best to stay as neutral as possible but Clinton pushed me over the edge.
At any rate, I think these primaries will yield interesting results.

3 comments:

TravelDiva said...

I voted for Barack today! WOOHOO!

Eb the Celeb said...

Thanks for the show missy...

Barack the Vote!!!

Eb the Celeb said...

I meant... thx 4 the shout...LOL