Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ashes, ashes ...

... they all fall down!
After Tuesday night's primary, presidential hopefuls are becoming as scarce as rain in the Southeast region of the country.
Edwards has "suspended" his bid for the presidency. He hasn't dropped it, it's suspended. I guess it got out of hand and it needed to be disciplined. At any rate, I don't think we were in any real danger of him getting the nomination. He was gaining momentum but I don't think he was going to have enough to carry him into "Super Tuesday."
The odd thing is he declined to endorse either of the remaining candidates. That's not so strange because Bill Richardson didn't either. The difference between the two in this situation is Edwards has a precentage that can actually help one of the other candidates.
Lucky for him he is still eligible to be someone's running mate although it would make no sense for either of the remaining two to ask him. He would bring absolutely nothing to the campaign that the other two don't have. Granted he did have his own version of the "Poor People's Campaign" but for whatever reason that isn't what the Democrats are focused on because it is not the focus of my media industry counterparts.
My main focus right now is education and then health care. Schools all across the country are in dyre straits and it seems that none of the candidates care about that. That could be because their children are (were) in private schools.
I imagine it would be kind of hard to care about public schools when your kids aren't in 'em. I went to public schools my entire scholastic career and they weren't in the best shape then. Now they've taken money out to fund this war and given them the crazy mandates so that they can continue to get some money to teach these kids. But don't get me started, I can type all day and still have more to say tomorrow.
Anyway, I think an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama would be a dream ticket for a lot of Democrats. On the other side of the coin it would be a pleasant nightmare ticket for a lot of Republicans. I know that was an oxymoron but it will be pleasant because Clinton poloarizes a lot of people.
I don't understand why people hate her, she's alright with me. Granted she should have left Bill with his cheatin' self, but she does know what she's talking about. She didn't admit her mistake of voting for the war but at the same time she shouldn't have answer to anyone but her constituents because they are the ones who voted her in.
She, like everyone else who voted for the war, did so under false pretenses. You can't fault her for following the advice of her president. It was still early in his first term, we didn't know he was that stupid yet.
And speaking of Republicans who don't have a clue, Rudy Giuliani dropped out too. I'm kinda happy about that though. He just rubbed me the wrong way. Plus, it's kinda hard for me to take people with speech impediments seriously. Think I'm lying?



Look at him, he holds his "s" and not like my flaming gay friends. He holds his "s" because his tongue gets in the way and I just can't take him seriously. Plus, his glasses look like the bottom of those old Coke bottles and for whatever reason I just think I wouldn't be able to watch him in a State of the Union address without laughing.
The next order of business now is to get rid of John McCain. That guy is like the next Dick Cheney, but with power. I don't care where you're from, that's scary! I swear man, the only think McCain is missing that Cheney has is that, "I hang out with Lucifer" look. You know the one, that smirk with his lips pressed together while he gives you that evil eye over the top of his glasses.
I swear if he wins I'm really gonna move to Canada, like for real.

2 comments:

TravelDiva said...

LMBAO on the Dick Cheney "I hang out with Lucifer" look. It's sooo true. I can't stand to look at Cheney because it's like looking at pure evil. I mean, he can't hide the hate and meanness radiating from him.

Yeah, I am very excited about the elections. I'm voting for Obama, but I'm excited about the diversity in the election. Bill needs to sit his behind down most definitely.

On the republican side, they all pretty much suck to me. They think Bush did a good job and are very supportive of him. To me, that's continuing the same nonsense that we're stuck in now. And McCain recently said the American people needed to accept that there were going to be more wars. That's the last thing I want to hear!

Ok--this was a long post.

Tiffany S. Jones said...

LoL. He does look like he hangs out with Lucifer.
I don't know if I would say that I'm excited about the elections as much as I am anxious to see what happens.
If I'm excited about anything it is being at the threshold of a historic moment in American History.
I'm glad you know who you're going to vote for, I don't really know yet. OK, maybe I do but I am not going to say who just yet. I gotta stay as close to neutral as possible. :-)