Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's my 100th post ...

... and it's all come full circle. My first real post was talking about an ill-fated celebrity couple and whaddaya know, this one is about another ill-fated couple.
It seems that Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds will not be putting their relationship on paper. In case you've been living under a rock, the two had a "symbolic" wedding of the French island of Bora Bora. Since they did not wed in the states, their marriage is not legally binding and they don't plan to make it so.
Hmmmmmm. It's only been two weeks, I wonder what's going on now that wasn't going on two weeks ago.
Now, I'm not one to speculate, but I heard somebody say that Johnny Gill might have something to do with that. I certainly hope not, but that rumor has been following them for years. A rumor doesn't stick around much longer than a year unless there's some truth to it.
I'm just saying. Besides, I think the picture says it all, they're going in different directions (lol) - and they need to separate while they're still friends.
The two are quoted in People magazine, the same People magazine who supposedly had pictures of their "intimate" wedding.
"After much consideration and discussion, we have jointly decided that we will forego having a legal ceremony as it is not necessary to define our relationship further," Murphy and Edmonds told PEOPLE in an exclusive statement.
"While the recent symbolic union in Bora Bora was representative of our deep love, friendship and respect that we have for one another on a spiritual level, we have decided to remain friends.”
I wonder if they have the same deep love that Brandy and her babydaddy had that made him out the fact that they were never married. Oh well, I get the feeling that Babyface is somewhere laughing and singing, "You never know, you never know when. You never know, you never, never, never, never, never know, know, know, know, know oooh oh ..."

3 comments:

TravelDiva said...

A real debacle.

I think this is my first time to your blog. Good stuff!

Eb the Celeb said...

Congrats on the 100th post... and I aint even reading the post because I knew it wouldnt last. How he gon get married when he still got JOhnny Gill creeping in his guest house and giving him some dingaling when he wants

Tiffany S. Jones said...

@ traveldiva: Thanks for the compliment.

@ Eb: You did say it wasn't going to last. I just want to know how long they are going to keep everything covered up.