Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Congrats are in order ...

... for the Murphys. Several media outlets have reported that Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds jumped the broom in a tropical island paradise off the coast of the French Polynesian island of Bora Bora.
According to several reports, including one from the Associated Press, the Murphy's wed on Tuesday in front of a small group of friends and family.
I wonder how small that group was. Anyway, the two started dating last fall, around the time Eddie's ex and Spice Girl Mel B. popped up preggors. The two have been engaged since July and I think my girl Tracey deserves the girlfriend/fiancee/wifey of the year award for weathering the storm that has been Eddie's personal life.
People have been calling Murphy's sexuality in question since he got caught giving that tranny hooker "a ride home" back in '97. I think he's being questioned because he didn't say who's home he was giving the hooker a ride to.
Plus, Murphy was made out to look like the worst babydaddy in the world when he outright denied he father Mel B's baby. Well, I didn't really see him deny it, but I did see him in one of those press junket things saying that he was going to wait on the paternity test.
And hey, she's been there for good times too. She was with him all through his roller coaster ride for his part in "Dreamgirls" and for when he took a beating for "Norbit." I guess the two have been through a lot together. I just hope they're fixed because Lord knows he's got all the child support payments he can handle.
Think about it, they have got eight kids between them and six of them are his. Five with his first wife and one with Mel B. She's got two boys from her marriage to Babyface. I hope they went to see Dr. Snippy before the honeymoon because he's already proven that he's fruitful, let's hope they haven't multiplied - again.

2 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Girl you know Johnny Gill was his best man, and Johnny gill is the reason that Eddie and his first wife got a divorced because it was rumored that him and Eddie had a thing going... and Eddie had him living in their guesthouse...

I love love love tracey but I dont know if this was a good look. Plus I saw Babyface on tyra recently and he looked so heartbroken... I felt so bad for him... I wonder what exactly it was as the reason that didnt work. He seems so sweet!

Tiffany S. Jones said...

I did not know that! I am not surprised though. A rumor is not going to follow you around for years and years like that without there being an ounce of truth to it.
You know I saw Babyface on Oprah and he was saying that he still loves Tracey but it was not working out between them. He actually said that he and Tracey are closer now than they were when they were married.
I just hope she knows what she is doing in all this. I'd hate to see her be the next Hollywood relationship fatality.