Monday, February 25, 2008

Before I was having fun ...

... now, this mess is getting out of hand. Hillary Clinton needs to just take an "L" and go on back to the Senate. I think it is safe to say that having a dream Obama/Clinton ticket was just that - a dream. If he offers her the vice presidency, I don't think she'll take it.
That chick just doesn't know how to deal with Obama's success. My dad, one of his friends and I were talking last night and they brought a lot of perspective to it for me. They told me that it wasn't until recently that they started taking and interest in politics and it has a lot to do with the war and Obama's momentum.
We basically agreed that there are very minor differences in Obama and Clinton's stance on the issues but Obama has an edge over Clinton because he has an almost divine ability to inspire people and get them to spring into action.
I shared with them a theory I have for that. During his work in Chicago while he was trying to organize people in those neighborhoods, he spend a lot of time working with ministers and pastors whose job it is to inspire folks to make it through their week. Do you honestly think that he didn't pick up some pointers during that time?
My dad has another theory. He had to go all Biblical on me and take it to the fourth chapter of the book of Judges. It's the story of the prophetess Deborah, who was the queen of Israel, called for Barak to basically do her dirty work. She wanted him to go to war for her but he would not go unless she came along. She did go with him but warned him that he would not receive the credit he was due.
Long story short, he started out with 10,000 men, they brought 10,000 more and before you know it, he had a multitude of people behind him when he got ready to go to war.
That's deep right? My dad's point is that Obama has been ordained to do exactly what he is doing and that is to unite and mobilize people to get something done. I don't know if he's been predestined, ordained or what but I am just glad he's here.
Like everyone else who does well, Obama's got some haters. The Clintons aren't the only ones hating either. The Republicans are all over it too. They all want to see him fail. I don't know if it is because he leads, what seems like, a squeaky-clean life or if it is because he has managed to tap into an unappreciated section of the electorate. Either way, people have so much hate for him, it's oozed over to his wife, Michelle.
I'm loving Michelle Obama right now. I said a long time ago that she ought to be the one running for president anyway. She's got it going on. She's like Superwoman, Wonderwoman and Shera all rolled up into one. She's still working, making sure their kids are OK and out on the campaign trail stumping for her husband.
Apparently she's not being respected for what it is she's doing because she's not crying about it. Oh, wait, I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. She's not being emotional about it - at least not in front of the cameras.
Michelle Obama is being scrutinized now because she made this comment: "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country — and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change."
I'm not mad at that - at all. If I had anything to be mad at her about it would be that Condoleeza-flip she's got going on with her hair, but that's minor - really, really minor.
In fact, I applaud her candid honesty and let's face it, it has been really hard to be proud of some of the things this country has done and not atoned for. I don't see what the problem was for her to say that. My whole point is if politicians want people to stop being embarrassed about America, they should stop doing crap that embarrasses us.

1 comment:

Sheletha said...

looking at that picture of Barack & Michelle makes me feel as if Im watching my mom and daddy kissin, part of me is like "awww" then the next im creeped out...