Sunday, July 01, 2007

THIS IS A SPOILER ALERT ....

If you have not yet seen the BET Awards, stop reading now. And for those of you who have, lemme just start by saying: oh - my - God!!!
It's not that it was that good, it's that it was that bad. I don't know about you, but I'm a lil' upset that I wasted three hours of my life that I will never get back.
OK, it started off really strong with the Jennifers (Hudson and Holiday), but then, I don't know what happened. The producers went a little over board with the "Main Event" theme. They even brought in Michael Buffer.
So the short of it is, the show sucked until the Destiny's Child semi-reunion. I say semi- because Beyonce did "Get Me Bodied," which by the way is my new favorite song, using Michelle and her lil' sister Solange as two of her background dancers. Anybody else see anything wrong with that?
The performance was pretty much a live version of the video. Then Kelly and Eve came out and brought it on home with Kelly's single "Like This."
In case you haven't seen it yet, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-fW3fuW_a0. I would really like to hear what you guys think.
I am actually wondering what Michelle was thinking when Beyonce asked her to dance. I really don't care what Solange was thinking because she started out as a background dancer anyway. It was probably like her childhood. At any rate, the girls can still put on a great show.
I also thoroughly enjoyed Diana Ross' acceptance speech when she received her lifetime achievement award. She told the young performers to "keep it classy."
*ROTFLMBO*
OK, I'm alright now. But really, how classy was she when she made her drunken journey to her neighborhood Blockbuster?
Don Cheadle made a very nice speech, but then again, he always does. That man is so underrated as an actor and a person, it is not even funny.
And last and least, somebody should have grabbed Patti LaBelle before she went out on that stage looking like a Chinese bridesmaid. Now we all know that Patti is the bomb, always has been. So why in the name of ALL that is holy, did she put on a kimono with her ta-tas hanging out and take me back to the mid-90s with that wrap with a bang?
Who wants to see 60-something ta-tas besides a 60-something man? I'm through with her now. She could have come out in one of those psychedelic body suits from her LaBelle days and it would have looked better. After that outfit, she's going to have to change the words to "Lady Marmalade."
"Hey sista, no sista, no sista, no sista. Hey sista, no sista, no sista, no sista. She bought that damn dress down in old Chinatown she said I hate red I want brown. Then she said, 'hey, hello Cho, I wanna give it a go. And Cho said, gitche, gitche na na da da, gitche, gitche na na, eeewwwwwwwwwww..."
Anyway, the show sucked. So for the rest of the 127 times that it airs this year, find something else to watch.

No comments: