Tuesday, July 31, 2007

On and on ...

... now on to minorities on television. It seems that two of the funniest black (African-American, negro, colored) comediennes will be taking a little time to enjoy The View.
Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd have signed on to be the new hosts for the ABC morning show. Shepherd and Goldberg have been named to the posts after the abrupt departure of the ever-so-nutty Rosie O'Donnell and the unwarranted termination of Star Jones Reynolds.
The ladies will step into their full time roles at the beginning of the new season. Thank God America will finally see the view of someone other than a white woman. Honestly, I stopped watching the show when Star left.
I know the show is geared toward those "desperate" housewives but aren't there any housewives of color? How are they supposed to be able to turn on a daytime talk show and find people who look like them and that they can relate to? I don't want to play the race card but dang!
Speaking of daytime television, on the "Thank ya Jesus" side of TV, Drew Carey has signed on to become the next host of "The Price is Right."
Carey will take over for Bob Barker who spent an unprecedented 35 years as the host of the show. Earlier this month, it was rumored that Rosie O'Donnell was going to take over the show. Can I just say that my prayers have been answered? I just don't think I would have been able to sit through a whole hour of her and the Rockettes telling people to "come on down!"
I am anxious to see what Carey has in store, if it's anything like "Whose Line Is It Anyway" was then my DVR is going to be full of this and Oprah.
Ooooh, I can't wait, Oprah and Plinko!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks very nice blog!

my blog; Reputation Management from Overnight Reputation