Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Say it isn't so ...

... please tell me that Rosie O'Donnell will not be the new host of The Price Is Right. Even if it's a lie, tell me that she won't be the host so that I can sleep better.
Does CBS have a death wish for that show? Don't they know adding her to the mix of anything already established will equal the death of the show? Look at what happened on The View. See how people stopped taking time to enjoy it?
I'd hate to see that happen with The Price Is Right. Instead of telling contestants to "Come on down," they'll be shouting it to their ratings.
I mean, she is the only person they could have found who can mess that show up. It has been on TV since Bob Barker was a young man and he went to high school with Jesus!
Adding her to the show will only cause long-time viewers, like myself, to stop watching. Granted I am working on most days when the show is on, but what will I watch at 11 a.m., when I'm working from home?
I am so disappointed in them even using her as an option. What about all of the other folks who are out of work who could use that break? Why not Caroline Rhea? Why don't they dig up Chuck Woolery from the Game Show Network? Nobody watches Lingo except me and my little cousin anyway. And what about that guy from Home Improvement who used to host Family Feud? Anybody but Rosie!!!
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate her. I just can't stand her sometimes. I mean, do we really want the Barker Beauties replaced by The Rockettes? I mean, it is tradition to have those women to come out and model some of the most obscure stuff, but they are fully clothed - in some nice clothes too.
You know she's going to turn it into a production. I just get the strangest feeling that the contestants will have to know show tunes in order to make it up to the stage. She will start announcing the game instructions in those little voices that she likes to do. And, she is going to completely f-up Plinko with talk about how we need to get rid of Bush and we can't have that!
Believe me, I want Bush gone as much as the next chick, but I don't want to hear about it on my daytime TV shows. I say we all call CBS and start petitions against her taking over for Bob Barker.
And while we're at it, let's find out why they don't have any shows that are based on black families or black folks period.
Now, whose with me?!

No comments: