Brace yourselves, this is a series of random thoughts that have been weighing on my mind and I feel so inclined to release them into the blogosphere.
I Wonder ...
- why do I get so dang sleepy after lunch.
- when did skinny white girls become the standard of beauty.
- what smart person decided that the medians on interstates was a good place to plant flowers and trees.
- why kids always hate the single adult in the neighborhood.
- if eating during those few hours after breakfast and before lunch is called brunch, how come eating after lunch and before supper isn't called lupper? Or if you eat dinner, why isn't it called linner? While we're at it, why doesn't Taco Bell call that Fourthmeal, Dinfast?
- how come we don't get summer vacations as adults? Shouldn't we be able to get a month or two off during the summer and get paid for it.
- why do co-workers assume you're pissed if you're not talking.
- when black folks will stop blaming everything on being black.
- what the hell was L.L. talking about in the chorus, "Pink cookies in a plastic bag, getting crushed by buildings ..."
- why is it only old, ugly and really big or really skinny men who find extra thick women attractive.
- why do white folks always want to touch my hair.
- if I feel comfortable enough to oblige them, why are they surprised that it's soft? And why do they whisper about how soft it is? If it were coarse, would they scream at me, OH MY GOD IT'S SO COARSE!!!