Thursday, April 19, 2007

I guess I should say something ...

... about the unfortunate events at Virginia Tech. My heart goes out to each and every family, student, faculty/staff member and community member who has been affected. Something good will come out of this.
With that said, it is high time that people stop pointing fingers and examining what could have prevented this. Nothing could have prevented this - nothing. So I am making an appeal to my brethren and sisteren in the media to please stop talking to all of these so-called experts. Where were they when this kid was walking around in pain - screaming for help and attention. This is proof positive that you never know what's going on in people's heads until you ask them or care about their welfare.
The main reason that this has happened is we as people have stopped caring about each other. We all come together to lend helping hands and support after some major catastrophic event has occurred, but it is always after the fact. I say we have to start back asking each other how we're doing and actually caring about the answer. We only get one life, let's try to live it right.

No comments: