In case you didn't watch the video, Glen "Big Baby" Davis proved that he has his nickname for a reason. That dude stomped off to his corner, started crying and threw his towel after hearing some "harsh" words from Kevin Garnett.
Note to KG, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"
This though has taken the cake, the ice cream and the damn cherry on top! Crying over some "harsh words" from a teammate? What's next, bitching to the coach that nobody will pass him the ball?
I'm sorry, I just have a thing for overly sensitive men. I can't respect 'em, I never have. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that men should never cry, I'm saying they shouldn't cry about everything. Hell, women shouldn't cry about everything, it has never solved a single problem in your adult life. When you're a child, you cry when you get upset about something because you can't effectively articulate your feelings. When you're an adult, you cry as a means to show hurt, regret or frustration. Go ahead and argue that Davis was crying out of frustration and I'll argue that his work is called a game and games are supposed to be fun. How many people find work fun?
Since this can be a little confusing, I'll give you a couple of scenarios where crying is acceptable and when it's not.
*you're laughing just that hard * you're moved by the Holy Spirit
* there's a death of a relative, friend and a pet that you've had more than five years * you're too broke to pay attention
* Duke Power has turned off your lights and you're about to lose the house * you get divorced.
* your children are born or there are other major events like graduations and YOUR or your daughter's wedding. By all means, have at it. Cry, "take your soul to the laundromat" like Lyfe Jennings said.
* you get reprimanded at work *you get criticized
* your team loses a big game * it is your child's first day of school
* you are in the middle of an argument * you see a touching movie
* there is something frivolous involved Honestly, how many more of these dudes do we need?
I'm gonna tell you now, if a dude comes to me crying about nothing, I am subject to laugh in his face and leave him all on the same day. If he's the one crying, when do I have time to be emotional? How is he going to comfort me, with his sensitive ass?!